Fresh coffee from the convenience of a pod coffee machine has become a popular product for many Australians, but it’s not without an environmental cost.
At Caffe Bianchi, our Nespresso Comptiable Caspules are biodegradable & compostable coffee for the environmentally conscious customer. This means you can enjoy the convenience of single serve, locally produced coffee, guilt-free.
Many of the standard coffee capsules/pods are made from un-recyclable plastics or aluminium that end up in landfills and it can deter potential customers.
Our BioCap Biodegradable & Compostable Capsules are made from a patented plant-based composite. The secret lies in the material used in our plant-based capsules. Are made entirely from sugarcane and sugar beet (sweet, right?). This means that the complete capsule, including the foil, is made from plants materials.
After usage, you can throw them in your bin guilt free. Under the right industrial set conditions, they will fully break-down into compost. Our capsule is hermetically sealed, we have built in a plant-based oxygen barrier to keep our coffee fresh. This means that our entire capsule can be chewed up, and spat out by our little microbial friends, leaving behind biomass, CO2 and water.
This means they’re perfect for environmentally conscious businesses looking to provide coffee drinkers with an eco-friendly product that doesn’t compromise on quality.
For best results when using our BioCap biodegradable capsules in your compatible machine;
- Please check that the capsule container & drip dray are not full. If so empty.
- It is recommended to flush your machine prior to inserting capsule.
- When loading ensure that the capsule is correctly seated in the slot before closing the group.
- Evacuate immediately after use to prevent capsule sticking.
- BioCap capsules are plant-based and therefore the material will begin to soften with extended exposure to heat & moisture.
- On rare occasions, it can become temporarily stuck in a machine. If this happens, use the back of a small spoon to gently allow the capsule to fall.